View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 17:25   #9855
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
See my post #9833. I posted a news item on what the BT's Head of Sports said about sports rights. It was those who find the future I have described elsewhere difficult to contemplate that have been shouting the odds about streaming, raising the same old issues yet again.
Except he only stipulated that the Premiership could sell a service direct to consumers. At no point did he say that it would happen, or that it wouldn't be platform neutral. I'm sure even you'd accept that linear broadcasting is cheap compared to the £1.5bn a year they'd be looking to get from people who are primarily Sky subscribers.

You are at the front of the queue to say how much easier it is to have everything on one box. Why would someone exclude a Sky Q box? If they were going to make the service available from 2022 why would they not make it available in Ultra HD to everyone?

Last edited by jfman; 11-08-2020 at 17:29.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote