View Single Post
Old 27-06-2020, 18:44   #1539
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: What are you watching right now?

Syfy cancelled it after season 3 and there was a massive uproar. Loads of famous people (e.g. George R R Martin) texted Jeff Bezos aka Mr Amazon and he got his tv chief to look at it, she was blown away and picked it up for a fourth season which aired last year and it has been renewed for a fifth season which is presumably in production. You should take a look at the The Expanse thread in this forum because a lot of links for the
campaign to get it renewed are in there. You had things like a plane flying over Amazon HQ for 2 days with a banner saying "save the expanse", cakes being delivered to the tv chiefs office and some of the fan made content put on youtube was fantastic. I haven't seen such an energised fan base since Jericho was cancelled. It really was the stupidest decision to make, this series is amazing and producers should be allowed to tell the full story like GoT. I think I read in SFX a while ago that it is based on a 9 book saga and the two dudes who write the books have just finished (back then) writing the ninth book. So the good thing for Amazon is that they know exactly where they are heading story wise and can plan everything. You'll see a massive different between season 1-3 and season 4. Amazon have thrown a tonne of money at it to expand the locations and bring it to its full potential and it is very humbling from a fan's point of view to see such a superb scifi series given the respect it deserves.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote