View Single Post
Old 25-06-2020, 19:54   #795
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I didn’t say they should use them. The fact they have them is a deterrent. Is the point I was making.

. He can thrash around as much as he likes on his arse, I reckon he would have about 90 seconds in him before he was blowing out his backside.

They should have waited until he was compliant or called for more offices and put him in a van like they do here.

not kill him would be the starting point.

You’re trying to defend the indefensible.

I’m sure there are lots of scenarios that could have taken place that didn’t result in his death
Why mention guns if you're not expecting them to use them in some way? A deterrent is only a deterrent, if you're prepared to use it? Are you really saying they should've been prepared to shoot him?

Thrashing around in a confined space is not a good idea. If only for that person's own safety.
Difficult to be expected to come up with examples.
In the REAL WORLD.
Link
Quote:
ALBANY — A man arrested by Albany police who was being transported by detectives in an unmarked car injured himself during an agitated back seat outburst and was taken by ambulance to Albany Medical Center with minor injuries Friday afternoon
Link
Quote:
Williams began trying to knock out the side window by repeatedly hitting it with his head.

The coroner ruled that Williams's death was the type of sudden death that occurs in individuals that are markedly agitated and are physically restrained.
UK ACPO advice
Quote:
A violent or restrained detainee must not be placed in a police vehicle unsupervised. Detainees who have struggled violently should not be placed in a vehicle unrestrained.
Where a detainee becomes violent, staff should, where practicable,
stop the vehicle, regain control and only then resume the journey; it may be necessary to call for assistance and to change to a more
suitable vehicle.
What should they have whilst waiting for any fictional van? Let him run away? Even in a van he would've needed restraining.

Plenty of examples of where UK Police have had to use force.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote