View Single Post
Old 22-06-2020, 20:04   #4165
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Nobody said “without consequence”. You are putting words into my mouth and have shifted the goalposts to a different point from that which you made originally which was summarised by “complete bollocks”.
Oh no, I totally standby the Complete Bollocks statement whole heartedly.

OK, you didn’t put a time frame - so just how long can a shutdown of the economy be “easily” sustained?

Given that we’ve done it for three months and already predictions are that will cost £337B

Sorry I mis-interpreted “easily”, so you admit there will be consequences, potentially very harsh consequences that won’t be so Easy for people in the future.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing with me some basic economics websites.
Well I certainly think you needed them.

As you seem to be unable to get over the very simple premise that borrowed money need to be repaid, eventually.