View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 23:19   #82
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Black lives matter is not about fear of being killed by the police.It is about police brutality (which has led to deaths)
And that has happened in the UK how many times?

Quote:
and systemic racism. Why an intelligent person such as yourself is getting hung up on the name rather than focusing on the issue is beyond me.
Because state oppression, killing or lack of bringing to justice those that kill Black people is not an issue in the UK as it is in the USA.

Quote:
And who are you to say a) what black people feel ? B) decide what black People should protest about ?
I have a view and I will express it, who are you to try and shout me down?

Quote:
The most recent statistics from the Home Office and Ministry of Justice show:
In 2018-19, black people were more than nine times as likely to be stopped and searched by police as white people.

They were over three times as likely to be arrested as white people.
Already been through this with Ben, he’s better at than you btw, and it seemed evident that there was disparity. Which might be annoying, upsetting, frustrating and it needs to be looked at.........but nobody dies.

Quote:
They were more than five times as likely to have force used against them by police as white people. of course the question is was it justified?
I don’t know, do you?

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'm not denying there is an issue within London, but it's not a pattern that holds throughout the rest of the UK.
https://news.sky.com/story/black-mur...-v-uk-11443656
Not sure what you’re driving at then? Are you suggesting that white youths are killing black youths across the rest of the U.K o/s of London?

And what that article you posted goes into detail about is the victims, not the perpetrators - which is not the whole story.

Quote:
So it's not 'more likely' as specific issue within the black community or indeed 'black young men'. It is specific issues within London, which warrants solving.

However whatever the reasons for the issues that happening within London, it doesn't excuse the issues that are happening when the BAME communities interact with the police and the justice system within the UK. And those issue are part of the Black Lives Matter demonstrations now happening.
The whole, “move along here, nothing to see, everything is fine in the black community, we’re all great, oppressed by the white man but we have no fundamental issues ourselves that we need to sort out, no all our troubles have been forced upon us.....rhetoric is tired, more so it is unhelpful, and untrue, but rather than look inwards as well as outwards, will help no one.