View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 18:24   #53
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Why aren't we? Are only black people allowed to fight against it, are only white people allowed, what about Asians?
I can fight for racial equality, but I have no experience of racism against me, so I don’t actually really know what it’s like. Asians or any other minority may experience different types of racism.

Quote:
In the fight of equality which is what the black lives matter is about,
. BLM is actually a movement started in the USA to highlight the deaths black people in America by the hands of the police.

Quote:
surely the best way to fight it is to be equal, one, as in we are all human regardless of your colour or where you are born, as in, all lives matter. If you're starting out with something that isn't equal, then you're fighting a losing battle.
It’s a lovely sentiment, but not reality. That’s the destination, not the starting point.

Quote:
No, but we all bleed the same colour blood and we all die. Yes there is a thousand and one different things in-between being born and dying which makes us who we are,
And In amongst those thousand and one thing are elements we need to identify and change if we want a more equal society.

Quote:
but if you want to fight a battle against racism, then we all need to be equal. Making a slogan up just about one set of people is not the way to be equal.
But they are currently the ones that are less equal, generally.

Quote:
Fighting a global problem of racism and other things is were the problem lies. We are starting off by labelling black lives matter, which is a starting point of not being equal.
because they’re not equal, at the moment. Generally, in the West they are not equal at all, for a whole host of reasons.

Quote:
A black person might be black, a white person might be white but both are human which is factual also.
That’s right, and currently, generally, for many different reasons, the white person has a better outcome than the black person. So “saying” we’re all equal doesn’t cut it. Because we’re not.