Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 20:07   #729
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
i never understood why they closed bbc 3 down in the first place. BBC1 - entertainment BBC2 - mainly factual programs BBC3- young adults i.e. the future of the license fee.

I understand they think people who watch BBC3 are techies so watch more streaming shows but BBC2 and BBC4 in my eyes were far too similar! The content on BBC4 could easily be moved onto BBC2
The Beeb were very careless over the BBC3 change. It is far too early to put this channel on demand only and they have learned this lesson the hard way.

They need to have a co-ordinated strategy for all their channels - it is a mistake to just single out one channel for special treatment in this way.

Later in the decade, when the majority of viewers are more comfortable with on demand viewing as the main way they watch TV, and their on demand platforms are made easier to use, they will need to dilute the programmes on the scheduled traditional channels and also provide further inducements (including most of their new programming) to ensure that people can see advantages to moving to VOD. When the time is right, they would need to close down all the channels at the same time.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote