View Single Post
Old 24-05-2020, 23:20   #359
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

I think key to any question of being seen a second time (and any subsequent time) will be did he go to London in the interim. If he was still residing in Durham I think given the way the law is phrased: “reasonable excuse“ and the first step being for an officer to ask you to return home it’s a case of “well, we don’t think you should have done that, don’t do it again”. For travelling to Durham in the first instance it’d clearly be unreasonable to make him travel back to London.

It’s always been the case the Government know the law as written, guidance and some statements made don’t 100% match. E.g. Gove said around an hour would be reasonable for exercise. I’m not having a go at Gove, or the Government for that - it’s the nature of emergency legislation - it had to be wooly to pass with consensus (e.g. no human rights challenges etc.) essentially relying on communications to fill the gaps. Something they did reasonably well.