View Single Post
Old 24-05-2020, 23:00   #354
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
However for some people in the middle it’s just a case that he made an error of judgement and rather than apologise and repent the Government has simply doubled down on it looking ridiculous in the process. You can’t dismiss all opposition to it (on this issue) by party or Brexit any longer.
I think if Cummings had early on said he'd panicked and made a mistake due to pressure of work etc and apologised then to the country it would have been a non-issue. Certainly to me, anyway. But he didn't do this.

The current story of one rule for them, another for us plays out against a background io people making incredible sacrifices for the benefit of the nation. And they feel stabbed in the back. The ironical thing is that Cummings would be pleased of such strong and simple messaging. It actually plays to his theme of attacking institutions!

I think this is a prime example of Cummings' flawed genius: he sees apologising and admitting his mistakes as a weakness, so will do anything to avoid doing so. Even if it undermines the Government.

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Do thay have reliable intel ? or just their own view.
They've been around since 1896 so they must have or they wouldn't still be in businesss.