View Single Post
Old 21-05-2020, 20:12   #1322
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I just did, but from a different thread. It's on here too but I can't be arsed to trawl through 88 pages!
Thanks Old Boy for digging up my old post, which I think you will find entirely consistent with my most recent one here.

Quote:
We've done this one. Costs buttons to maintain a linear presence if you own the content anyway.
My bold.

You keep wilfully leaving out this caveat.

You will find that my position is entirely consistent with the BBCs here.

Quote:
The BBC are making all of the content anyway, however not getting the reach or the viewers by streaming alone. Why cut their nose off to spite their face to make you happy?
You can pick any channel run on a shoestring budget on the Sky EPG to confirm that the actual cost of broadcasting is tiny compared to the actual cost of content.

You are the only person that sees this as a zero sum game. These companies (and more importantly their shareholders) do not.