View Single Post
Old 30-04-2020, 14:06   #2842
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Show me the evidence that you have that says herd immunity is going to work

I think we all agree that lockdowns don't prevent death, but they ensure that there are lower deaths over a given time period compared to if we let the virus continue unabated. If you actually seriously think that we would have the same tally of deaths lockdown vs normality you're seriously seriously wrong.

I don't embrace either as a 100% solution YET, they both have chances of success or failure. But a vaccine combined with lockdown(s) is our best way of minimising deaths.

How do you protect the vulnerable when some of those included are ones that you professed won't stick to the rules of a lockdown?

Multiple lockdowns will happen, just look at Germany. A country whose R0 number has increased since they eased. The government are preparing for a 2nd lockdown should the RO continue to increase. This is the Germany BTW that managed their outbreak far far better than we did.

Would you rather be dead? Or alive but worse of financially?

Oh, btw from various news snippets this morning it looks like the lockdown will continue until June with only minimal changes.

If you think that life is going to go back to normal in the next 12-24 months then you're off your rocker.
Did they ask to be protected?