View Single Post
Old 29-04-2020, 19:37   #9
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: British Airways to make 12000 redundant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Exactly, which is why the lockdown has to be lifted soon.

Virgin Atlantic is soldiering on with government help and Richard Branson has said he's prepared to put up the Virgin Islands as collateral to secure the money it needs to keep going. But this cannot carry on for much longer.

As far as BA is concerned, I presume they are consulting their staff over these 'proposals' as required in any redundancy situation in the UK.
Less than the 250,000 deaths you'd cause by lifting lockdown prematurely.

Anyway, this has little to do with lockdown and in more the fact that Foreign Office advice is against all travel for UK nationals. We don't want or need further outbreaks of Coronavirus into our shores.

Travel insurance companies will equally not offer travel insurance that covers illness due to the pandemic.

Actually the more I think about it the opposite of your statement is true. This is why we need the lockdown, to support those in the underlying economy and deal with the virus. Then, and only then, will we return to normal.

When we have the second highest death count behind the USA I don't see many countries rushing to let us in to undermine their own efforts. In the event of cancellation who issues refunds?

Last edited by jfman; 29-04-2020 at 20:16.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote