View Single Post
Old 28-02-2020, 18:59   #2527
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: [Updated] The UK’s future relationship with the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The prohibition on end-stage disinfection is supposed to be a disincentive against bad hygiene practices at earlier stages. Which to me makes about as much sense as addressing dangerous driving by banning seatbelts.

Poor farming and slaughtering practices should be dealt with by effective monitoring and enforcement, not by banning a simple, effective way of eradicating potentially lethal bacterial infections right before the meat goes to market.

But, as I said earlier, I don’t buy the EU’s line about it being a simple and effective way of ensuring animal welfare and food hygiene. There have been lobbyists and vested interests at work somewhere - when it comes to EU directives, there always are.
This is where we disagree in the context of trade agreements. It's outcomes that matter and if the meat is wholesome and cooks well, then I'd expect harmful bacteria not to be present and washing is as good a way as any.

My advice is at your risk.