Thread: Tivo V6 New UI images
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2019, 18:54   #29
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: New UI images

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Some people call the entire box operating system software the EPG, others are just referring to the section of it which lists the channels and the programme schedule for the user to navigate.

I think Old Boy is talking about the latter definition of Electronic Programme Guide.

And looking at the screenshots of the new EPG section, it looks like most EPGs.

The bit about the new OS that worries me is the interface that leads to the EPG section. I don't want lots of bit graphical, screenspace wasting buttons, but quite a few people do and it's the current trend.
That's correct. I have always viewed the EPG as the channel listings. The screen before that is the Home screen.

As I understand it, the new Home screen will be picture based, and you will select the appropriate picture to access the programme guide, which will probably be exactly the same as the one we have now.

The other pictures on the home screen will allow you to access on demand, recordings, apps, etc.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote