View Single Post
Old 27-12-2019, 13:14   #7057
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Why so worrying for Sky ? I'd say more worrying for the likes of those platforms who own little to none of their own content.

Both Disney and Comcast are predicted to be the biggest global spenders of content.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...y-says-1167862
Because so much of their channel content comes from other studios. If Disney end up pulling all of their material from Sky, bang goes Sky Disney, the Disney Channel and Disney XD for a start. If other studios do the same, that's more channels down the shute.

Do you really think Sky can make up for all this with the programmes they will be making from their new studios?

I take the point that not all studios will necessarily go for the direct to consumer approach, but Sky will be eyeing this up very carefully, with some trepidation, I would have thought.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Sky will not survive this; I do believe it will. But things will look very different in the future, and people won't be prepared to spend a fortune on TV subscriptions as they do now with a lot fewer channels on offer.