View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 16:41   #6975
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
They are being shown inclusive with Prime because of a package they paid peanuts for as nobody else wanted it at the reserve price.
I've never before heard £50m described as 'peanuts'. But there you go.

Regardless of your point, they could have made a pretty good profit by charging extra for this, which they chose not to do.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My sense is that they're testing the water, trying out technology and establishing what the maximum reach is for football on their platform, i.e. if there is no barrier to entry (through extra subscription), what's the maximum number of their existing subscriber base that will access a live stream? How many new subscribers will access one or more football streams in their first month? Data like this will help them decide what to do with it in future, including how much to pay for the rights, and whether it is worth more to them as a way of getting subscribers on to the Prime service, or whether it's something that best stands separate with an extra subscription, as is the case with Prime Music.
Agreed. Amazon are more than pleased with the number of new subscribers this has generated, and so the experience is likely to encourage them.

https://advanced-television.com/2019...ps-for-amazon/