View Single Post
Old 15-11-2019, 09:27   #45
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Election 2019 - Week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The services aren't creating genuine competition for consumers though. All of these "jobs" are inefficiencies and duplication in the sector pushing up prices for the consumer, not down.
I'm sure Tony Benn said the same about the British Car Industry in the 70's.....................................

Rather than giving choice, you want to give everyone vanilla broadband.

Typical Marxist/Communist, you'll have us all driving state manufactured Ladas/ Polski Fiats. Watching only a few state owned tv channels and radio, that show continual programmes about our dear Leader Father Corbyn.

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I predict this will unravel very quickly.
It will, whilst I disagree, I can understand the argument for Nationalisation of the rail, water and to a lesser extent power.

But the communications sector is not something that needs buggering about with. Communications are not like when the Post Office ran it. The speed of change and level of continual investment required would far outstrip anything a state owned vehicle could keep on top of, especially if they're giving it away for free.

It may have appeared to him as a great soundbite, but people will see it for what it is, pie in the sky election promises.