View Single Post
Old 30-10-2019, 17:43   #6676
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Murdoch was a businessman, pure and simple and his own words why he sold, "because I can't compete with the likes of Apple, Google, Netflix etc."

The old way of doing things is dead. Alright not dead yet and it may take decades, but it will be dead and old Hollywood, by all its recent announcements, have just given the crown to Netflix.
Can you source that quote?

The closest I can find from a Murdoch is from Lachlan Murdoch but he’s actually saying the opposite in 2017.

“Sub-scale players are finding it difficult to leverage their positions in new and emerging video platforms. Let me be very clear: We are not in that category. We have the required scale to continue to both execute on our aggressive growth strategy and deliver significant increased returns to shareholders.”

There’s a lot of opinion pieces saying it but nothing from the man himself. Vertical integration of production, content and platform isn’t the same as the original distribution model failing. It’s classic consolidation for a market trending to oligopoly.