View Single Post
Old 18-09-2019, 15:29   #109
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I beg to differ.

Anyone who defends their actions in belittling our leader, mocks our country even if you cannot stand him, is a disgrace.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

That's a view I do not share, so your question is irrelevant.
He didn't belittle BJ, he said that instead of using the Hulk as an inspiration, he should use Mrs Doubtfire, because that character was caring...
Quote:
He referred to Boris Johnson's comparison to the Hulk while talking about EU citizens' rights.

He said that the prime minister needed to rethink settled status in the UK for EU citizens, and said that there should be automatic registration.

He quipped: "Boris Johnson likes a lot to compare himself with movie characters. Well, concerning citizens' rights, instead of playing the angry Hulk I think he should inspire himself by another character - the caring nanny from the film Mrs Doubtfire."
Also, re the alleged Soviet Union comparison, he was reflecting the Brexit Party's MEPs comments about the EU being like the Soviet Union - he actually said
Quote:
He said Eurosceptics like "to say the European Union is undemocratic", but he continued: "I can tell you that Jean-Claude Juncker or Tusk can do a lot of things but at least they can't close the doors of this house - that is not possible!"

Referring to the Brexit Party, he said: "If the Eurosceptics in the coming minutes want to use again the ridiculous comparison with the Soviet Union they can point the finger at Westminster rather than Strasbourg or Brussels."
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...ment-1-6275792
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.