View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 15:32   #2101
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: PM Boris forms a government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's much too far. The EU are not Nazi Germany and this Parliament are not the Vichy Government. We're not occupied by EU forces. Parliament very much is NOT increasing the powers of Boris Johnson. It's not sending Jewish people in Nazi concentration camps.

In what ways does the analogy make any sense?

It's the same as people saying Boris Johnson staged a coup. The country has lost its mind.
The analogy makes sense because the anti-democratic EU, (whose laws trump ours, whose executive is unelected and misusing powers to skew things their way), is given succour by our traitorious Parliament.

Vichy had nothing to do with concentration camps - it was a pliant government doing a foreign power's bidding.

As if you din't know.

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Well explained. I'm genuinely shocked that the events our grandparents fought a war over have been so easily forgotten and false equivalence sought from them. And like him or loath him, BoJo is currently only using the powers legally available to him.
I doubt that your shock is genuine. The analogy doesn't suit your Remainer's argument so, of course, it must be OTT and the rest of the rubbish Hugh accused me of.

The events of WW2 are far frlm forgotten in my mind - I'm closer to it than you. What I see now in the EU is a system that is rigged the way the Commission want, exercising pressure in the way that Greece was subordinated, for example. Nothing to do with Nazis and concentration camps. All to do the compliant governments whose parliaments are under the EU cosh as we can see from our simple request to leave the EU.

My advice is at your risk.