View Single Post
Old 31-08-2019, 00:05   #1523
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: PM Boris forms a government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
She worked for Liam Fox and the Taxpayers Alliance - not sure you’re being accurate with your supposition.

When I was a Area Vice-Chairman for the Yorkshire Area Young Conservatives (and a member of the National Executive, and on the Candidates List), I had in my phone contacts a number of Labour Party members (including an MP), some trade union officials, TRG and FCS members (groups in the Tory Party with completely opposite views), and Social Democrats (remember them?) - these were family, friends, colleagues and ex-colleagues; did that make me a "fifth columnist"?

When we fire people because of their contacts, it is the first step on a very slippery road...
I'm a bit mystified by the fifth columnist rhetoric given her pro-Brexit beliefs.
Sounds like she was quite open about meeting a fellow Conservative even if they didn't agree on Brexit. Heck, she even gave Cummings her personal phone as well as her work one. This doesn't come across as how a strong democracy should function in 2019.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 31-08-2019 at 00:09.