View Single Post
Old 27-08-2019, 15:33   #1062
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Oh I missed this bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOYS
Our resident economist still carries his staunch belief that a TV channel can run on a sixpence, but if the advertising revenue is insuffiient to pay for decent content,
Once again an inability to answer my actual point results in you redefining it to one that suits you better.

I've always said to a major content owner the additional costs of linear in addition to other distribution models is pennies by comparison. We have hundreds of linear channels many of which have tiny viewer shares.

By comparison, even 10% of households watching linear only television gives a larger target audience than the Republic of Ireland. I'm sure they have television over there.