View Single Post
Old 24-08-2019, 15:56   #1689
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
There's various ways this could work but none that Amazon (or any other streamer for that matter) felt incentivised enough to pay £5bn, or more, in order to test out. I fail to see why you consider this point as somewhat irrelevant.

What's the point in a football only option without Prime? and if it did exist will it cost more than the Now TV pass - if so there will be less demand for it. So there will be no 'new' customers to Amazon's football service it'll entirely be a subset of those that Sky presently monetise.
Well, Sky and BT think it's worth it, don't they?

A football only option would be provided at the price Amazon thought was appropriate, but with Prime, they could get the football subsription cheaper The point, of course, would be to make money, either directly from the football subscription, or both directly and by encouraging sales with Prime.

Just to clarify, the reduced football subscription would be paid on top of the £79pa Prime subscription, just in case you are under any misapprehension about that.

And I repeat, the fact that Amazon haven't taken the plunge into Premiership rights so far does not mean they never will. Broadband coverage is improving and has been given a further boost by the Johnson government. I haven't a clue why you don't find that to be significant.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote