View Single Post
Old 22-08-2019, 13:38   #6160
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

No, it won't be a damp squib at all. There will be original content on there that isn't available anywhere else, as well as tons of archive material, some of which is currently on Gold, Aibi and the like. You were one of the people who chastised me for saying that the UKTV channels were poor value because most of their material was repeats. You said that there were many people who loved watching programmes over and over. You can't have it both ways.
1/ The reason Britbox will fail is one the streaming market is already too deeply concentrated with other streaming services.

2/ How many streaming services do you think people can afford? as there is only so much money that swirls around in people pockets and Britbox is a little pygmy in the land of giants.

3/ People are already paying for much of the content that will be on Britbox.

And there are several other reasons beside.

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

People will take Britbox for both the original material and for the archive material. Look how popular the i-Player has become.

Britbox is no i-Player and has had to change its remit to try to survive in the competitive streaming world.

Last edited by denphone; 22-08-2019 at 13:41.