View Single Post
Old 21-08-2019, 22:05   #1283
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PM Boris forms a government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That’s like asking someone which leg do they want broken?*

*neither
Yep, that’s where we are.

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I'm not.wrong though am I? Deal or amended deal, we'll be worse off. That's why you, like a sensible Gent, voted to remain.
I did indeed, call me a fortune teller, but I knew this would end in one almighty shat show. I’ve never been a fan of the EU and to be honest pre-referendum I didn’t even have a strong opinion on it either way. It was one of those things that was just is.

The driver behind my ire for this whole situation, is the failure to deliver a democratic decision. That I can’t abide. I’ve been on the losing side of many decisions, made by others, in my life and accepted and moved on.

I look at Hong Kong, and they are literally fighting for democracy. Yet many of us seem happy to throw it away as it suits us. That is to me disgusting.

The failure by Parliament to put aside party politics and deliver Brexit...and that is aimed directly at Corbyn, and the failure of the EU to not be the EU has just turned me into an ardent leaver.

I doubt I am alone. Probably not a massive amount but as in many elections, the silent righ
right of centre grou usually voice their opinion in the polling booth.

To think re-running the referendum would bring about a substantial turnaround to the 2016 result, I think, would be seriously mis-placed.