View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 20:34   #2271
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Due to wife being made redundant, as I was already claiming ESA and PIP, meant that Universal credit has to be made jointly so I had to apply for it as well so my ESA and PIP is just deducted from UC, same with carers allowance too. It really is hell. It has taken 11 weeks so far and they don't really help you either. I pity anyone that has to go through this process.
Same 2ith me, wife has to be part of the claim and as she is a student on 10 hours a week she actually has to visit the job centre every week as well as applying for jobs still for her commitments.

I mean how ridiculous. ESA getting deducted from UC, is just a joke. What help is that really....

We got lucky the woman that helped us get the paperwork sorted helped us a lot.