View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 00:02   #6006
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

The figures weren’t expected to stall, hence the share price dip and statement on the matter. It’s historical revisionism to claim this is all trundling along as expected.

These will be the same paying customers, and eyeballs, that get dismissed when I point out they both pay for and watch linear television.

As you know low value add ons are more at risk to competition and, in times of recession, changes in consumer habits.

I don’t see how you can find much of what I say controversial when just five months ago you said similar.

Quote:
I currently own Netlfix shares and I see it going either two ways:

1. They collapse under their debt mountain before generating a penny in profit.
2. Their subscriber numbers continue to accelerate upwards allowing free cash flow to bring down their debts and who knows, even make a profit at some point before 2100.
I wouldn’t say the events between then and now make option 1 less likely.