View Single Post
Old 27-07-2019, 20:18   #1460
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The thing that most stood out in that Sky/VM Press Release was the ambiguity of it.

"Sky Sports and Sky Cinema in HD so customers can continue to enjoy the latest movies and best live sport action"

Given VM already have them in HD what's the point in mentioning this? Given there is evidence of Sky Cinema going HD-only (jj20x on Forum Box found a info screen)...maybe this means both are going HD-only.

"Sky’s Entertainment channels including Sky One, Sky Witness and more, in HD".

Given there aren't many Sky Entertainment channels and they basically mentioned half of them, why didn't they just mention them all. And again since they are in HD on VM already, what is the point of mentioning them? At the least my interpretation, reading through the ambiguity, is the existing HD Sky Basics are going HD-only.

Press Releases tend to be about mentioning what is new, not about saying "we've got the same services still". And they tend to be carefully worded.

(https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...d-the-industry)
There are good reasons for wondering whether programmes formerly aired on SA might be available to Virgin Media on demand, but there is nothing firm anyone can point to at the present time. I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing the ambiguity of the press release. Something here is being hidden, I think.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote