View Single Post
Old 23-06-2019, 10:58   #5440
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The original prediction that linear TV channels would reduce in number within five years has not happened.

I don't think anyone disputes that the number of linear channels may be at its peak. The dispute has always been over the timescales.
The launch of new streaming services next year may see the start of that decline.

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
My biggest gripe with Netflix and Amazon is the fact the bulk of their content is US based so I'm glad we still have the likes of BBC and ITV linear channels and their respective catch up services.
British made shows won't disappear when linear channels close down. They will simply be available in another place.