View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 12:48   #32
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Crackdown as the number of homes without a TV licence increases to 7%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
I wonder though how many people do consume the BBC without knowing about it? Or how happy people would be with a purely commercial system and what that really means?

I don't resent license fee, don't really notice it but if income was dropped I can afford the license but not all the other stuff that adds up.

And with insertion of ad's into catchup/OD what will people think then about ad free content from the BBC?
You do realise that you could have a streaming service for the cost of the licence fee, don't you, and you would get about £70 quid change!

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Even though you don't need a licence, these services have to be funded. They might just disappear without a licence fee.

We might be going round in circle with BBC threads. But worth pointing out it's £13 a month, for mostly unique quality content, plus all the extra non TV services. It compares very favourably with Sky/VM subs, who are mostly showing repeats/imported content or reruns of BBC stuff !
Maybe, but no-one is compelled to subscribe to Sky.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote