Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 26-05-2019, 17:19   #2708
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Believe it or not even though I'm a Brexiteer I am educated enough to know that conflating and combining are exactly the same.

Conflating is used by those who wish to appear superior.

BTW I also enjoy doing The Times, Telegraph and Daily Fail cryptic crosswords.
As much as I enjoy getting bogged down in semantics on this forum, I think you know that I mean you are conflating/combining two issues that aren't linked for the purposes of derailing the conversation.

Privatisation by New Labour has no effect on the likelihood (or otherwise) of further privatisation as part of any future US-UK trade deal.

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Do you know of any?

The problem is to know which opportunities capitalists will go for. Any predictions would be pointless because exactly how businesses will react is unknown.

But the opportunities are there, and freed up from the dead hand of the EU, the UK can only prosper.
I'm aware of exactly none, which is why I asked if you knew of any.