Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2019, 19:33   #2654
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
A vote of no confidence doesn’t require many sitting days. The new leader will have less authority than May, not more.
I’m curious whether you can cite any examples to back this up (I.e. I sincerely doubt that you can).

There will be an election this time, and the entire party membership will select the leader from the shortlist of 2 presented them by the parliamentary party. Quite how you reason that this will result in a lessening of leadership authority in any circumstances is unclear to say the least; in this case, as the new Tory leader will be replacing one whose failure is historic in magnitude, your claim is just bizarre.