Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2019, 23:26   #2410
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The problem is (partly) the language we use. I do not respect Farage and think he is a bad thing for the country. However I don't think he is a fascist and he is entitled to use the political system. When we call people fascists or traitors and present them as an existential threat then we end up legitimatising attacks on them.

People need to calm down.

At the same time I don't want to go overboard. Egging has been around for a while without leading to escalation, he just need to be careful it doesn't start.
Pro-Brexit MP David Davis is being interviewed by the BBC here on the rise in abuse that MPs face...and is then harassed by a hard Brexiter. Shows the pressure that MPs are under. Davis wears a body camera to record the abuse het gets.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wal...g-tv-interview