View Single Post
Old 21-05-2019, 22:42   #838
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What does it matter what it is called? If Sky want to call it an exclusive and Netflix and Amazon call it an original,so what? I shall not be losing any sleep over it.

You've missed the point completely.

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

No, I am not only focussed on my view, but it is annoying when you post something and then someone tries to belittle that point by making an irrelevant or pedantic statement.

I have absolutely no interest over whether the streamers call a new programme an original or an exclusive. What the hell does it matter and how does that relate to the point I was making?

It's just wilful deflection from the point.
Content creators, be they big TV production companies, songwriters or authors, don't like others taking credit for their work. If the Harry Potter novels were published in other countries with another author's name on the book cover, no matter if JK Rowling was getting her fair cut of profits I'm sure she wouldn't be happy about it.

It's one thing with calling something Exclusive, customers understand that wording, it's rarely used in a completely misleading way. I have no problem with that word.

"Original" however is taking credit, and suggests ultimate sole responsibility, and that's not OK for an import, or a co-production. It's deceiving their customers. It's like Waterstones acting like the books they sell they had a creative hand or they were responsible for discovering/nurturing the author rather than the publisher/agent.