Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2019, 11:02   #2302
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
There was nothing wrong in principle with the Withdrawal Agreement (apart from the backstop) which was only designed to be a temporary measure to help both sides with the transition. Provided that at the end of the two years we had a complete divorce from the EU with no strings, that was ok with me.

Whether the ERG has overplayed its hand, I'm not sure, but I guess we'll know some time before Christmas. Hopefully, the overwhelming win by the Brexit Party at the EU elections will send a message that Parliamentarians would be foolish to ignore, and we will then start making proper preparations to leave, with or without a deal.

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

The sky would not fall in if we left. I see you are still deploying your Project Fear arguments, Mr K. It's only those Remainers who won't accept the result that are promoting this view. These arguments are simply not accepted by Brexiteers and the other thinking people who just want the democratic will of the people to be enforced.

In the end, everyone will benefit from a clean Brexit, as we will take the maximum opportunities out there to increase the wealth of the country.
And everyone in Toyland lived Happily Ever After !
Meanwhile back in the real world, Little England became an irrelevance, as it's aging population continued to blame everyone else on why Brexit went wrong...