Thread: US Timeline Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 11:34   #235
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Game of Thrones

how strange, I didn't realise there was so much negative sentiment around it. I suppose in the grand scheme of things though 300,000 as a percentage of the global viewership is inconsequential.

I have really enjoyed this season. Everyone knows B5 is my favourite series of all time and that is because I love character driven series. As this season is only 6 eps I was worried it was going to be all about huge battles and jumping from one location to the other to deal with different character's beefs but I thought they have handled it really well. They managed to bring everyone together, resolve their differences or say what they need to and I think they have serviced the characters really well.
Pace wise I wasn't sure how they were going to do the last two eps because there were two separate issues that needed resolving; the Lannister/Cersei problem and the Danni/Stark problem. I am glad they dealt with Kingslanding and Cersei this week because that leaves the last episode all about the Starks which is how it started and I pray that one of them survives and the Westeros is ruled by a Stark from the North in Winterfell.

If I had to be really really niggly about it, given the gravity and weight of the Whitewalkers story throughout the series and the 1000 year history of them within the series, I would have preferred a protracted war with them probably over three episodes where we see them decimate the north and work their way south but if that was going to happen everything would have to have changed and the Lannister army and Golden Company would probably have had to have joined forces with the Starks etc to cover the ground and put a halt to it all and then the whole Cersei betrayal story arc would have to have changed.

It arguably could have been better and some might say that they would happily have waited another year if it meant we could get 10 one and a half hour episodes or something but I am honestly really enjoying it and don't have a problem with it (as long as Arya survives next week )

Last edited by General Maximus; 16-05-2019 at 11:40.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote