View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 00:14   #778
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Probably VM has renewed its deal with A&E Networks UK, the operator of those channels, which is why these swaps are happening.

For those that don't know, A&E UK has just undergone a "few" changes. The parent A&E (American) company is a joint venture between Disney and Hearst and that remains the case, but A&E UK was a joint venture between A&E and Sky.

To appease European regulators to get its takeover of Murdoch's companies cleared, Disney had to sell its stake in the European A&E channels, including the A&E UK ones and it sold its share to Hearst. Additionally, Sky has been taken over by Comcast, so these channels are now a joint venture between Comcast and Hearst, or something like that!
I didn't know, but that's very interesting. Thanks, Horizon.

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethf1927 View Post
Looks like Lifetime going to 208, Crime to 209, History to 270 and History 2 to 273. So the SD’s closing.

Also found Crime +1 moving to 222

I guess Lifetime HD will retier to whatever pack the SD is in too
Are you saying History 2 is doing an HD swap out too? If so that would mean a retier for that too. (As an aside I've always thought it strange H2 was available on more tiers than History.)
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote