View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 10:39   #5232
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You keep saying Sports do enlighten us to what these are likely to be in the UK ?
I'm only drawing attention to what the reports are saying. You have read them for yourself.

They appear to be indicating that the sport will be provided by ESPN, so I guess it depends on the rights they acquire to show sport events in the UK. It may be that the days of ESPN Sport on BT are numbered, but a glance at their schedules will tell you what they are able to show at the present time. Expect that to be beefed up for the new service.

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I quite agree, however according to OB we won't have that choice as linear TV will cease to exist!

Strange he is quite vocal against ads on streaming, something that will be required to keep the costs down.
It's not only me. The addition of unskippable advertisements to subscription services will reduce the number of subscriptions coming in.

The way to maximise income is to give viewers the choice between a lower cost or free service with ads, or alternatively a full subscription without. That ensures inclusivity as well, which is a good thing.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

A new streaming service has launched in the UK - History Play. We are starting to see the various genres that have not been covered by the SVOD services to date come to pass now.

The new service will cost £3.99 per month.

https://tbivision.com/2019/05/03/his...azon-channels/

History Play adds an incredible line up of ground-breaking stories across different areas of history, to the wide selection of entertainment we offer customers through Prime Video Channels in the UK, Germany and Austria,” said Julian Monaghan, European MD of Channels at Amazon Prime Video.