View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 19:34   #744
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You'd think that VM or their predecessor in Scotland would have bought it cheaply. Even if it needed rewiring, all the ducts, rights of way etc would be in place and it would be cheaper and easier than extending their network to somewhere where cable had never been laid.
I've got a vague recollection (I can't find a source to back this up though) that their network used a very different type of technology. Couple that with the other UK cable companies mounting up debts at the time, and it probably didn't look a sound investment.

I believe one of the new companies laying fibre at the moment is doing so there, so there may be a consolidation opportunity at some point.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote