View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 08:55   #5190
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
A not very innovative way to pay off $20bn of debt.
jfman, if they put advertisements on the Netflix version we currently pay for, they will lose a lot of subscribers. I, for one, a great admirer of Netflix, would no longer subscribe. I simply will not sit through a load of unskippable advertisements in order to watch the programmes I want to see. There are many like minded people out there who would resent advertisement intrusion and would seek the programmes they want to see by alternative means, and piracy would increase. This is not the way to go.

A no-sub (or lower sub) option with ads and less free content will bring in a lot more money for Netflix than they are raising now and surely must be a viable option for Netflix.