Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2019, 20:52   #546
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit (New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The idea the EU plays grant money for University places wasn't part of any Remain campaign I've seen. The EU does pay scientific grant money, i.e for research, and that obviously is unlikely to continue for new projects.
Correct. But the voting youth reported by my daughter seem sure that grants (actually it was research grants) would no longer be paid as you mention.

Of course the EU payments will stop, but they were from our money. There's no reason to suppose that the UK government won't be doing the same or pay even more as part of the Brexit dividend.

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
So your evidence is that you believe your daughter, when you previously posted that you had convinced your daughter to agree with you?

OK.....
It's not difficult to understand. A couple of years ago, I had a long talk with her on a walk in Rutland; it opened her eyes.

Since then and again last week, she has told me what her friends say about why they want to remain in the EU.

My advice is at your risk.