Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 13:02   #8065
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
They all said we'd never get a deal with the EU. Turns out, the EU was the least of our problems. It's the Remain-led House of Commons that is throwing up all the nonsense. The only real issue is the backstop, as raised by the ERG, which has been hyped up out of all proportion in my opinion.

However, even if we can satisfy the objection to the backstop, the remainers will continue to claim that the end of the world is nigh.

You might like to claim that it's all so complicated, but it is not. Listen to Liam Fox on last Sunday's Andrew Marr. That should calm your troubled brow.
Raising genuine concern should not be treat as doom mongering.

Liam Fox, the same Liam Fox who can't get the forty deals he promised in time delivered?

the forty deals that nowhere near completion Liam Fox?

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
A minority have changed their minds. So what? People are fickle and change their minds all the time.

However, to suggest that people who wanted to leave did not understand what that meant is so condescending and I'm sick of it. I presume you knew what 'remain' meant.

Are you saying everyone fully knew the consequences of voting to leave?

The consequences for the immediate future of remaining in the EU were known.