View Single Post
Old 22-02-2019, 22:39   #572
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
So they aren’t offering anything new, just the same old delivered in a slightly different manner. If you are relying on Comcast or Liberty to provide revenue streams you will have to fit their business model.
It's the change in the method of delivery which appears to give the viewer a better choice of content.

So if I want to view good dramas and films, I might go to (according to our present choice) Netflix or Amazon, maybe StarzPlay. But if I want reality rubbish, I would probably go to Hayu.

In the future, we will have much more choice, so we will be able to pick out the streaming/VOD services that meet our needs.

This will be much more focussed on what we want, compared to the current situation where you have to pay for a multitude of channels you don't want.

Disney + and other services will cater for the kids, and there will be plenty of services catering for other genres.

Sport is the interesting one, and how this will play out is a matter for speculation.

I don't think Comcast and Liberty Global are the main players to watch, quite honestly!