Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2019, 06:03   #7626
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Theresa May must resign

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think that this is a seminal post from you, Den. Everyone seems to be criticising Theresa May but totally ignoring the almost impossible task she faces. She does not have a majority in Parliament, all other factions (the remainers, the Labour Party, the ERG...) keep laying man traps to disrupt what she is trying to achieve, and of course the EU itself.
And there is only one person you can blame for that don't you agree?

---------- Post added at 05:56 ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 ----------

Quote:
I think that this is a seminal post from you, Den. Everyone seems to be criticising Theresa May but totally ignoring the almost impossible task she faces. She does not have a majority in Parliament, all other factions (the remainers, the Labour Party, the ERG...) keep laying man traps to disrupt what she is trying to achieve, and of course the EU itself.
If she had a decent enough majority that would not be as much as a problem and as for the ERG well if you don't deal with *******s as John Major called them those *******s will inevitably bring you down.

---------- Post added at 06:01 ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 ----------

Quote:

The referendum result was to leave. It was Theresa May who put forward the idea of a withdrawal agreement as a bridge between where we are now and where we want to be. Unfortunately, certain factions have used this against her and have deliberately muddied the waters. Had she not suggested the withdrawal agreement, I am sure the process of leaving the EU without such an agreement would have just gone through!
l have never once moaned about the referendum result but that was never a problem for me but the problem has been the complete omnishambles since that night and anybody who does not think that is obviously living in cloud cuckoo land.

---------- Post added at 06:03 ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 ----------

Quote:

The Brexit people voted for, when you look at it, was a hard Brexit. Theresa was the woman with a plan. That is now being used against her.
Theresa May could not organise a piss up in a brewery that much is the case thus shown so far.