View Single Post
Old 15-02-2019, 13:19   #7600
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Decision making has become a nightmare, not only for those in politics but those who need to manage situations at their work place.

I'm sure I won't be the only one on here who has made a decision, and accepted responsibility for it, just to be shot down in flames because it goes against some small minority view or stance that has the 'potential' to cause problems further down the line.

While decision makers run around in circles trying to appease everyone . . nothing is actually getting done
This should tell you that you need to take a more holistic view of matters when making managerial decisions.

Often, it's down to ignorance as opposed to malice when decisions are made that would disproportionately impact minority groups, so these people are actually helping management to reach the correct decision.

A good example of this was when we had a new office door installed. The mechanism for the code to gain entry was placed halfway down because they wanted to try & make the workplace more accessible to wheelchair users and dwarfs. It was done with good intentions, but because they hadn't actually discussed this with disabled people, it had to be changed as some disabilities prevent people from bending down.

It was resolved by issuing everbody with key fobs and placing two readers at eye and waist level. A quick consultation with disabled representatives would have saved management time, money & embarrassment.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

I saw on the BBC news last night that Germany had said that they would "feel the pain of the UK leaving the EU, but that they would always put Europe first".

I'm assuming that they were referring to trade deals.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 15-02-2019 at 13:16. Reason: Example provided.