View Single Post
Old 17-01-2019, 18:30   #8933
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Half of what's on Netflix and Amazon is content that's already been on linear TV.
But a lot of people want that, MM. There needs to be something for everyone.

I have had no difficulty at all picking out what we want to see from Netflix and Amazon and these are all originals. So I don't begrudge having stuff on those services that I don't want to see. However, with pay TV channels, it is a right old chore trying to pick out the very few good programmes from all the junk.

That's why I say Netflix and Amazon are much better value for money and at a cheaper price.

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Well I think you'd probably find that there's a lot more better choice from the streaming services than there is from what's on offer from the pay TV providers, only my opinion of course, but I do use Amazon and Netflix a lot and find that the quality and choice is miles better.
Most people do, Max. The only people I am aware of who disagree are the usual naysayers on this forum! I'm sure they are only denying what the rest of us know is true for the hell of it.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
As much as half? I don't really know if that's the case, even if it is, there's still a lot of quality originals from both Amazon and Netflix.
It's nowhere near a half, but I certainly won't be counting them!

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
As there is virtually no sport on streaming at present I wouldn't agree with that
We're not talking about sport, Raider, we are talking about general entertainment such as TV series, films and documentaries.

We all agree that sport is a completely different kettle of fish.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Haven't seen that since it was on ITV/STV. And I didn't have ITV Encore so I missed what came next.
We've seen every series of The Americans and found the programme very enjoyable, but it's not to everyone's taste I guess.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote