View Single Post
Old 16-01-2019, 21:56   #4
imanolbarba
Inactive

imanolbarba is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media setup nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
VM are notorious for over subscribing areas where there are known capacity issues so as much as I would like to think they are waiting for some planned relief work to happen before they add any new customers I doubt it is the case.
If there is an issue, especially with over subscription, there should be a fault reference for it which you can keep track of progress wise. If I were you I would ring back and make a complaint, explain the history and politely tell them you want to know why there has been a delay and when they plan to get you up and running.

As you mentioned that you live in a building with other wireless access points detected (perhaps a block of flats) I am wondering if the reason is more technical and perhaps they have filled the number of ports available in the cabinet/box for your building? This is the kind of thing you need to ask so at least you understand whether or not there is a possibility of you being connected at all and if you need to look elsewhere.
Believe me, I've tried to get ANYTHING from them, the nature of the issue, a quote as to when will it be ready, etc. I've called like maybe 3-4 times total and always the same story: "We don't know when will it be done" and "I don't know what's the exact issue", which is extremely frustrating, because I don't even know if they will set me up by 2019 even...

I even tried to get them to tell me if there was something I could do to speed it up, like if it was access to the building or something I could be there I dunno, but nothing, they always come back with empty replies...
imanolbarba is offline   Reply With Quote