Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2019, 09:34   #6377
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I can see the point you make but there are two problems with your logic:

1. this validates the decades of right wing media anti-EU propaganda and xenophobia that underwrote the 2016 result.
2. this deal is forcing a future on a generation that overwhelmingly does not want it. Moreover, now the actual deal is known, they are denied a voice in approving (or denying) it.
Just like I was, and millions of others back in the 70s. That’s life. You cannot keep having the same Referendum, just because people are not old enough to vote during it.

You go on about the younger generation not wanting this, many young people I know want to leave the EU.

What propaganda are you talking about?

I saw no propaganda to realise how damaging the EU has been to the UK. I hate the EU and all it stands for and make my own judgements on my own volition.

And just how many people were duped to vote Remain during the lies the Remain camp told and dire tactics?

The argument for another referendum is that people now know more, this is a fallacy.

Several key arguments about the need to Remain are that we would lose all EU Grants. This is actually our money they are giving back but telling us what to spend it on, so we are not losing a thing by leaving. We are net contributors. It is a con job membership fee for measly benefits, mainly being able to trade but that is achievable outside the EU. Japan manages it, Australia does.

It is not Xenophobic or racist to be concerned with the amount of migration that has occurred over the last few decades in Europe.