Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 12:35   #6215
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
My recollection of the Leave campaign is that they did not make it clear that a Leave vote would risk short to medium term harm to the country. As for Pierre, he does support the "mandate" that the Leave result delivered. This "mandate" does not validate the option of short to medium term harm as it was not on the table during the campaign.

So, consequently, the only deal that comes close (ish) to being validated by the Leave "mandate" is Mrs May's. Having said that, I do not recognise the result as a democratic decision for the variety of reasons I have mentioned numerous times previously in this thread.
But despite all the lies from “Both” Leave and Remain camps. Had Remain won, you would had no problem recognising the result and we would miraculously not be having this discussion.

The fact you want yet another referendum, that would be just as bad in the first with scare stories etc and Leave won again on similar %s, should we keep going until we get the result you want, bearing in mind that there will still be people not old enough to vote etc etc.... ?