Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 17:23   #5864
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Interesting..

So, If Teresa May's deal is rejected. (which looks likely)

And the below is true

'Many of us have been clear that parliament will not allow a no-deal situation to unfold, and with less than 12 weeks to go until 29 March it is time for parliament to show our opposition to a no-deal exit'

Where does that put the country at apart from the inevitable impasse. I can only think that this goes back to my earlier comment about an extension to Article 50
It’s exactly the type of constitutional crisis I’ve been describing for some time that allows the decision to go back to the people with the Conservatives blaming Labour and vice versa, so neither party has to take the fall for it.

If the 2nd ref comes back with a decisive result like 60-40 then jobs a good un. They can get back to the day job and tell the people it’s what they wanted.